National Land has over 17 years experience working in property, planning and construction. The experience, history, expertise and safe pair of hands you are looking for are right here.
Our homeowners are our priority.Through our collaborations and partnerships we are one of the UK’s leading land and planning specialist agency's for residential back garden development—something we are very proud of.
- We have helped to add value to many, many gardens and plots of land, including within areas such as London, Virginia Water, Sunningdale, Southampton, Bracknell and High Wycombe—plus many other areas across the UK—both single unit small developments and large multi-unit schemes.
- We get great results thanks to working with great homeowners and putting in an incredible amount of time upfront on the project.
- We take care of you and manage the project as if it's our own. We really do and it stands out in the way we work with you.
- Our approach is reliable, as evidenced by the many planning applications we have succeeded on. And through our many successful sales to reliable local developers or builders. It's because we are thorough in our approach. With planning it's easy to get caught out if you don't know what you are doing. Or fall short of a land's true potential. That's why an experienced team is essential.
- We take the risk for you!—so you don't have to. Our approach removes all risk from your shoulders and put it on our own. We take care of the entire cost throughout the process from start to finish, even giving you a £1,000 toward YOUR legal fees. Please review our services page to get the full picture. It's an easier decision to make for you "IF" you know you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- We guarantee you, in the unlikely event that planning is refused, there will no comeback to you. No one asking for their money back. No bill to fork out for. The risk is ours and ours only.
- When it comes to being open and honest with homeowners, we think we do a great job. Pretty early on we disclose what we are able to offer you for your land, and we tell you right there and then, exactly what we think we can get permission for. This is important because you need to know what your land is actually worth.
Why homeowners use us
There are many reasons why homeowners choose us over any other similar service—and we say similar—but there are none that we found that offer the same level of service and NO COST TO YOU GUARANTEE.Homeowners use us because—
- We guarantee all the costs. We offer a guarantee that you won't be asked for any contribution toward anything. In fact, we even give you a £1,000 budget toward YOUR legal fees. (Of course, if your solicitor's a bit expensive you may need to top that up.)
If there's any complication with the planning such as the local authority asking for additional reports or slight modifications (which does happen from time to time), we'll put our hands in our own pocket to come up with the money required for that.
- We work with homeowners all over the South so we have an unusually broad perspective—it means we know what works in your region and what’s working elsewhere in the country. Planning is an art.
- We offer a no-hassle start-to-finish service, so from the very first phone call to the signature of the new buyer of your land—we take care of the entire process.
- We have worked with other homeowners in similar situations as you already. We have the advantage of having competed hands-on in a myriad of locations—every land site is unique and we have a vast experience under our belt. This means whatever your situation, chances are we already have experience with something very similar. (If you’re curious about this, just ask us.)
- Many land specialist agencies ask for a commission to sell your land for you. We don’t ask for any commissions. We refuse to charge you any commissions. Instead, we charge the incoming buyer who is more than willing to pay because we are offering him a deal before it even goes close to going on the open market for sale.
Our values, beliefs and quirks
Our no.1 principle is, “Help homeowners get what they want.”
Our company motto is, “Homeowners are our priority.” This isn't just a platitude. It's real. We believe that if we can make you happy with the process AND the final outcome then we win too. That's why our team is obsessive about every planning application detail we submit. We know the importance of "putting our best foot forward." First impressions do count, especially when dealing with potentially quirky planning officers (and investing time right up front saves us time later on (and money). Our business process has grown out of putting our homeowners first. That's why—
- We provide a land appraisal for you—for FREE—because we understand that's important for you to know right at the beginning.
- We take all the risk with our own money—because we want you to be absolutely sure about our "commitment" to the deal. We are all in from the start.
- We offer a one-stop service from beginning-to-final sale and release of funds to you—because we understand the process is complicated, There are lots of places mistakes can be made.
- We find a buyer for you from the start—because having a buyer in place who is happy with the planning application is critical to getting the right price and selling quickly.
- We only make money if you make money—because we make our profit only once the land is sold (post, successful planning application). We think this is THE BEST WAY to align our interests, don't you?
- We know how to handle the challenges that inevitably come up in a complicated process like this—success is never a straight line, there are always decisions to make and pitfalls to avoid. That's what we are good at.
Our other values
- Give our homeowners the same advice we would give our best friends.
- Approach and treat every project we work on as though it were our own.
- Tell homeowners the truth, even if that’s not what they want to hear.
- Help our homeowners understand the process and be as transparent with them as possible.
Once you’re working with us you can expect to
- Work with someone who seeks to understand your situation and then gives the best advice.
- Receive a service that’s surprisingly efficient, productive, and professional.
- Get an excellent return on investment (Zero in, profit out!).
- Have confidentiality maintained at all times.
- We’ll regularly contact you to ensure we’re meeting these expectations.
And we expect you to
- Be serious about wanting to sell a portion of your garden land for development.
- Be prepared to invest some time with us to go through details of your project.
- Give us honest feedback, both good and bad. (Particularly the bad.)
With any organisation that considers itself as one of the top in the industry we attract the best, most knowledgeable experts. Despite this we consider ourselves to be down to earth and straightforward to work with. Simply put. Our team is the best team we can put together for your project.Our Rolodex (just shows how old we are!) is full of experts that are the best in their sector, such as the town planners we speak to and hire, or the best design architects and structural engineers—they understand the sensitivities of making sure whatever design produce is going to be approved by your local planning officers. Additional to this they make sure the final design— Our team will help you gain the best planning we think is possible that's—
- in keeping with your neighbourhood,
- adding the most amount of value to your project, and,
- the most sort after TYPE of property in your neighbourhood—there's no point going for flats when only houses are popular in your area.
Our team members aren’t your usual consultants: they include successful entrepreneurs, ex-senior council planners and the like. An unusual bunch, full of creativity, local knowledge and a dynamic skillset—all focused on getting the most possible for your project.We’re different in that most of us have managed our own property development projects from start to finish. This means we understand the practical (and sometimes political) issues with developing a solid planning application and building something that the locals are happy with. We don’t come to you with just theory but with solid pragmatic experience of successful planning applications.
The team is headed by Faisal Khan.
National Land is a company with a vision—to directly help 4,000 families over the next 10 years to benefit from the redevelopment of their land and achieve their dreams. Achieving this means helping many more thousands of people to discover the true potential of the ground that's under their feet.We think it's a WIN—WIN—WIN— the homeowners WIN, we WIN and the local authority WIN too because they get help to meet their local housing target. We started in property and property development back in the early 2000's with residential property. This was interesting but what we found more interesting (and creative) was finding ways to make our properties more valuable—both to us as the owners and to the tenants that lived in them. This is where our creative juices were "set on fire" so to speak. We excelled at refurbishments, at adding new extensions, loft conversions, relaying the rooms, all sorts of strategies to add value... and, of course building in gardens. This was our forte, our pièce de résistance. We found that we had a real skill for finding ways to add value—and this is one of the biggest reasons we think we are an ideal fit for your project. We are super creative and have extensive experience in adding value to properties. Willow Lodge, Virginia Water, Surrey—A new 3,000sqft house built in the garden of the property next door (the yellow house on the left).
Our business is built around partnerships—With experts in their field. We believe it's more productive to get on with the bits you know you're good at, and then outsource or partner with experts for all the other bits. We partner with other land agencies, architects, town planners and planning consultants. That's part of how we are able to give you the best advice we can.
Our chosen charity
We like to do charity with our own hands. That's why we have been for many years involved in cooking, packing and delivering hot food for the homeless at the Strand in London, opposite Charing Cross station. We rotate with other volunteers. It's been a humbling experience, especially when you realise that most people living on the "streets" really shouldn't be on the streets but through bad luck or poor management of their money, or through keeping bad company, have found themselves in a helpless situation. And to get back into the "system" can take years. Without a permanent address you can't claim any benefits. It's almost like you're forgotten. And, over the years, we've managed to provide a little support to those that seek it; a famous (unknown) man once said, "You can take a horse to water, but only the thirsty ones will drink." this is true, and not everyone wants to be helped. but those that do, we've helped them get into temporary accommodation or find some help to deal with their addictions or get back in touch with loved ones. It's utterly fulfilling to know you are helping someone for the better. And altogether humbling to know it could happen to the best of us. We intend to put some of our profits into this ongoing project. The best of charities is one that is ongoing.
What you should do nowTwo ways you can go next—
1. If you’d like us to help you unlock the cash that's in your land then claim your FREE telephone consultation so we can have a chat. We're equally happy to meet for a coffee if that's your preference. On this free phone consultation, one of our land "experts" will answer all your initial questions and discuss your land development potential with you, as well as find out more about why you're interested in selling off a piece of your garden in the first place. This helps us align our goals set up the next steps with you- preparing your land appraisal. 2. If you think you're not quite ready for a land appraisal or you'd just like to find out more about the process and how it all works, then go to our “Learn More” page where you can download reports and read some of our articles.
If you're ready to explore the idea here are 3 easy no-obligation ways to get started....
The simplest way to start is to—
- Call us on 020-3137-8676, or you can...
- Request a callback at a convenient time, or you can...
- Book in a FREE garden land appraisal where we will assess the value of your garden and research what could be built. All for FREE and no-commitment.
- Look at some examples of garden redevelopments that have already happened around the south of England.
- Learn more about us, our team, our history and some of our quirky beliefs and values.
- Find out about our 4-step solution to getting the most out of your garden land..